Many people believe that the only way to keep an organized house is to spend a lot of money. They buy a bunch of things, from specialized storage boxes to sophisticated lockers. There’s a big chance, however, that these things end up eating a lot of valuable space. You can still keep a spacious, well-organized house, though, by following these simple tips:
– Store all perishable food items like meat, vegetables, and fruits in your refrigerator. Keep them in plastic containers, plastic re-sealable bag, and aluminium foil wrap so that they will thaw much easier. Label them with the dates when you bought them. This way, you can keep better track of their freshness.
– Keep all cutleries and plates close to where the dining table is. Makes sure they are far above from children’s reach. Rather than fragile glass items like wine glasses, it’s best to put towels and rags in the overhead cupboards instead.
– Store all hard tools in a safe location. You can even make your own chest box. Secure the box with compression latches.
– Use the wall for extra storage. You can put up lattice racks for your long objects like brooms, rake, and other gardening tools. You can also use iron grills as bike racks.
– Use old shower curtain hooks for cords, air hoses, and ropes. Place them high enough where children can’t reach them.
– If you like to keep letters, notes, pictures, and other stuff, you can refurbish an old mailbox and use it as storage. Keep it near your bed so you can easily read them anytime you want. Secure them with quarter turn latches if you don’t want anyone snooping in your private correspondence.
– Don’t put boxes and other things under your bed. Once you place something underneath your bed, there’s a big chance you’ll forget that you’ve them put there. Instead, place them in places where you would usually put a light on. Cupboards under the stairs, for example, are great hiding places for books and old toys.
Simple tasks like organizing and storage need not to be complicated and costly. You can save a lot on expenses if you know how to properly make use of space. Every nook and cranny of your home can be used with the right kind of perspective. If you want to try your hands in creating storage solutions, visit websites that offers tools like push buttons, hey keys, and compression locks.